1) I don’t know what’s worse. The fact that I can’t move, or the voice whispering in my ear.
2) I knew something was wrong when I walked in. The candles were lit and dinner was on the table but I live alone.
3) The doctor had been gone for twenty minutes when the men in hazmat suits came in and restrained me.
4) I fell asleep, warm in my bed. When I awoke, I felt the needle enter my skin, heard the voices and watched as the chemical emptied into my body.
5) The surgery was a success and the new heart has been a good match. I didn’t expect the new desires to come with it, desires to kill.
6) I feel the heat before I am fully awake. I wonder if anyone can hear my screams as the coffin starts to burn.
7) I feel it in my bed before I see it. The cold body of the fiancée I buried last night.
8) I loved hearing my daughter talk to her teddy bears, until the day I heard them talking back.
9) I awoke to pain. I heard moaning and felt the teeth sink into my throat.
10) When I sleep, I dream I’m warm in my bed. When I wake, I feel the fire, smell the brimstone and begin running away from the creatures that torment me.